Best ultrawide monitor – Monitor is one of the primary hardware and the computer can not be removed from a computer. If the computer does not use the monitor then how we will operate a computer? so monitor it very important for us to use the computer because Monitorlah that displays a view of the computer.monitor now divided into 3 types:
- Monitor CRT ( Catoda Ray Tube )
- Monitor LCD ( Liquid Crystal Display)
- Monitor LED (Light Emitting Diode)
- Plasma monitor
Well now I will explain the advantages and disadvantages of each monitor that has been mentioned above.
This monitor is a tube performance computer processing of data which are widely used in computer screens, video monitors, televisions, and oscilloscope. Monitor this type invented by Karl Ferdinand Braund, and developed by the work of Philo Farnsworth. This screen is widely used by television sets until the end of the 20th century’s and is the basis for the development of plasma, LCD and other TV technologies.
CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) is a second-generation monitor of a computer monitor is the first generation of computer monitors in the modern era. Currently the interest in CRT monitors are becoming obsolete though CRT monitors are still produced. The reason why users begin to leave the CRT monitor is due to its large and heavy that it requires extra space to put this monitor. Definition CRT monitors in general is ‘monitor convex’ or ‘monitor tubes’
The monitor uses magnetic radiation and electromagnetic technology which tends to damage the eye if the eye is also tiring work too long in front of him. On the results of the study also mentions that users tend to be too old to work in front of a monitor for this will accelerate the aging physically because it can trigger the growth of gray hair to be faster due to the radiation generated by it.
The workings of CRT Monitors
Inside there CRT monitors picture tube that narrows at the back of the barrier. In the congestion is negatively charged or cathode filament enclosed in a vacuum. When electricity is supplied, the filament heats up and the flow or “light” electrons pour out of the element into the vacuum.Negatively charged electrons attracted to the positively charged anode focus a narrow beam of particles into three, accelerating them to attack the phosphor-coated screen.
Phosphorus will light when exposed to radiation, absorb ultraviolet light and emit visible light fluorescent colors. Phosphor that emits red light, green and blue are used in a color monitor, set up as a “line” which consist of colored dots. Three beams are used to stimulate the three colors in combination are necessary to create the colors that make up a variety of images.
Other specifications on the CRT monitor is the “dot pitch” associated with the sharpness of the image.A lower dot pitch as .25 better than the dot pitch is higher. Lately, CRT monitors are sold with a .32 dot pitch, so that the text “fuzzy”. At the end of the era of CRT, almost all have a .28 or higher and is currently a CRT monitor can have a dot as low as .21.
CRT monitors there are the size of 15-inch to 21-inch size (38-53 cm) and greater, although the actual display screen is about 1 inch (2.5 cm) smaller than the actual size. Screen measured diagonally from corner to corner.
Advantages of CRT Monitors
- More accurate and vivid color
- Flexible monitor resolution
- Easy maintenance, if damaged can be serviced
- Free dead pixels, ghosting, and viewing angle
- Cheaper rates
CRT Monitor shortage
- Greater power consumption
- damage eyes
- Ray radiation that result in less good for the people, the brain, eyes and hair cells
- Depending on refreshrate
- Greater radiation
- Vulnerable distortion, glare and flicker
- Large dimensions and weight
The LCD monitor is a kind of visual media which use liquid crystals as the main viewer. LCD screens are used in various electronic devices, such as television, calculators, cell phone and computer screens. LCD screen when the user has dominated the screen on the computer desktop and a notebook, because it has the advantages of requiring low power, thin form, took a little heat and have a high degree of resolution
Monitor LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) using a technology called ‘liquid crystal’ as the producer of the monitor image. Excess consumption of LCD monitors is the lack of energy used also have a sharper image contrast compared to CRT. Definition LCD monitor refers to the use of variants of pixels (dots of light color) that does not emit its own light as well as CRT monitors. In LCD technology light source comes from white fluorescent lamps are arranged evenly on the back of the array of pixels (liquid crystal) was that amounted to millions of pixels to membentu an image. Polar liquid crystals through which the electrical current will change due to the influence of the magnetic field arising polarization and therefore will only let some color filtered forwarded while other colors.
Excess LCD Monitor
- The picture quality is crisp and clear
- Rays emitted by the LCD does not tire the eyes
- More efficient electricity consumption
- Dimensions are thin and light
Disadvantages of LCD Monitor
- LCD screens tend to be more sensitive
- Price service expensive
- Limited perspective
Monitor LED (Light Emitting Diode) has the same technology as LCD. Differences physically on the computer LEDs generally lies in the shape slimmer / thinner. In some types of LED functions and features that are more complete than LCDs, such as digital touch screen capability, Digital TV internet, digital TV tuner. While in general the difference between LED and LCD lies only in the lighting system which uses LED backlight technology. In contrast to the use of CCFL Backlight LCD (fluorescent-type fluorescent lamps), LED monitor can save electricity consumption up to 50-70% compared to the LCD with the ability to produce a very sharp image.
- Saving in power consumption compared to LCD
- Very sharp image contrast to millions of pixels
- LED lifetimes are longer
- Dimensions monitor very thin
- The lighting is better than LCD
Disadvantages of LED Monitor
- Prices are more expensive than LCD
- LED screens are thinner tend to be more sensitive
For the moment there is hardly a person who uses plasma for the purposes of playing on the computer, even though it is still possible to use a VGA cable connection. Therefore we call it with Plasma TVs term due to the size of the plasma itself less suited longer referred to as a monitor.
Plasma monitor is a flat-screen zoom emisif that light generated by the phosphor that is excited by a plasma discharge. While the released gases do not contain mercury (contrary to the AMLCD; a mixture of noble gases (neon and xenon)
In Indonesia alone, Plasma TVs still owned only by a few people. The main cause is the size of a very large plasma dimension with size at 42 “even more. The television unit price to reach 20-40 million. Plasma TV technology uses crystal Plasma as a producer of the picture so that sufficient drain electricity consumption. Plasma TV Excellence is the ability to produce a color contrast and excellent image detail and sharp.
In addition there are TVs Plasma TVs using 3D technology that requires special glasses to enjoy the picture. Explanation of 3D TV will be written in other posts.
Excess Plasma Monitor
- The shape is sleek and beautiful, not like projection televisions that have great backs.
- Can be mounted on the wall so that it does not require much space.
- Produce a higher contrast ratio.
- The angle of view wider than the LCD.
- Almost no pengkaburan in the picture and has a fast response to moving images
Shortage Monitor Plasma
- Susceptible to combustion inside.
- Phosphorus loss of light from time to time so that the brightness of the image can be reduced gradually.
- Plasma screen monitor heavier than LCD because it has a glass screen to hold gas.
- The use of electricity is greater than LCD TVs.
- Works well at high altitudes due to the pressure difference between the gas inside the screen and the air pressure at altitude. If you have exceeded predetermined altitude, the resulting sound will be buzzing.
- These devices can cause irritation for those who want to listen to AM radio, amateur radio operators, or short wave listener.